What kind of personal information does VOILA RESERVATIONS collect?
Personal information you give to us.
VOILA RESERVATIONS collects and uses information which you provide to us. When you make a reservation, you are (as a minimum) asked for your name and email address. We might also ask for your home address, telephone number, payment information, the names of any guests arriving with you and any preferences you might have for your visit.
If you need to get in touch with our customer service team, or reach out to us through other means (such as through social media, or communicating with your booked Tables Venues through our Sites) we will collect information from you there too. After a visit, customers can be asked to provide a review to help ensure future customers get exactly what they’re looking for.
There are also other instances where you’ll provide us with information. For example, if you’re browsing with your mobile device, you can enable VOILA RESERVATIONS to see your current location or grant access to your contact details – this helps us provide you with the best possible service. You can also open a user account, which allows you to save your personal settings, upload photos, review previous bookings or plan and manage future reservations.
You may participate in referral programs or sweepstakes, and doing this will also mean providing us with personal information. In addition to that, you can provide us with feedback or ask for help with using the VOILA RESERVATIONS booking services.
Personal information you give us about others.
Of course, you might not simply be booking Table at the Venue with or without Talent for yourself. You may be arriving with other guests whose details you provide as part of the reservation, or you may make a reservation on behalf of someone else. If you maintain a VOILA RESERVATIONS for Business account, you can also create an address book to facilitate business visits, as well as manage the bookings of others. In some cases, you can use VOILA RESERVATIONS to share information with others. This might take the form of forwarding a wish list or participating in referral programs, but such information may only be used as described in the offered interface – check the details there if you want to know more.
However, at this point we have to point out that it’s your responsibility to ensure that the person or people you have provided personal information about are aware that you’ve done so, and have accepted how VOILA RESERVATIONS uses their information (as described in this handy privacy statement).
Personal information we collect automatically.
Even if you don’t end up making a reservation, when you visit our websites or apps we may automatically collect certain information. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system, like application versions and your language settings. We might also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you.
If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, location details, app crashes and other system activity. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation or entered the VOILA RESERVATIONS websites and/or apps.
Personal information we receive from other sources.
It’s not just the things you tell us, though – we may also receive information about you from other sources. These include business partners, such as affiliate partners, and other independent third parties, and anything we get from them may be combined with information provided by you.
VOILA RESERVATIONS services are not only made available via VOILA RESERVATIONS websites and apps, but are also integrated into services of affiliate partners you can find online. When you use some of these, you provide the reservation details to our business partner, who then forwards your details to us. We also integrate third party service providers to facilitate payment between bookers and Venues. These service providers share payment information (but no payment card details) so we can administer and handle your reservation, making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for you.
We may also integrate calling services into our platforms to enable you to connect with the booked Venues about your visit, and when we do we receive metadata about call activities (such as where you called, who you are and the date and length of the call). We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services. So when you link your VOILA RESERVATIONS user account to your social media account, personal information may be shared with VOILA RESERVATIONS by that social media provider, but only when you accept them to do so.
Venue partners & Talents may share information about you with VOILA RESERVATIONS too – this may happen if you have support questions about your pending reservation, when disputes arise about a reservation or there is other communication about your reservation via VOILA RESERVATIONS.
Why does VOILA RESERVATIONS collect and use your personal data?
We use the information collected about you for various purposes. Your personal data may be used in the following ways:
• Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation, which is pretty central to what we do as a company. We may also offer you other pastime-related products and services from third parties. These will be via our online services, and if you choose to utilise these we will use your information to complete and administer your order just as we would if you book a Table only.
• Customer service: Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you to find appropriate Tables & Talents and responding to any questions you might have about your reservation (or any other queries, for that matter).
• Account facilities: VOILA RESERVATIONS users can create a user account on our websites or apps. We use the information you give us to administer this account, allowing you to do a number of useful things. You can manage your bookings or other purchases, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, see previously searched Tables & Talents and history of booked Tables & Talents easily and to check other pastime-related information you have provided. It also allows you to see any reviews you have submitted. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice. VOILA RESERVATIONS for Business account holders can save contact details in their account facility, manage their business reservations and link other account holders to the VOILA RESERVATIONS for Business account.
• Online groups: We may also enable users with an account to join and interact with each other through online groups. Any such activity may be made visible to other account holders or Venue partners & Talents.
• Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities. These activities may include:
• Using your contact information to send you news of pastime-related products and services when you make a reservation with us or set up a user account. You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications quickly, easily and at any time – just click on the "Unsubscribe" link included in each newsletter.
• Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the VOILA RESERVATIONS website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites/apps (including social media sites). These may be offers that you can book directly on the VOILA RESERVATIONS site, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
• When you participate in other promotional activities (such as sweepstakes, referral programs or competitions), relevant information will be used to administer these promotions.
• Communicating with you: There may be other times when we get in touch, including by email, by post, by phone or by texting you – which method we choose depends on the contact information you’ve previously shared with us. And we process the communications you send to us. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
• Responding to and handling any requests you or your booked Table & Talent have made. VOILA RESERVATIONS also offers customers and Venues partners & Talents various means to exchange information, requests, and comments about Venues Tables & Talents and existing reservations directed through VOILA RESERVATIONS. For more information, read the section titled “How does VOILA RESERVATIONS process communications that you and your booked Venues Tables & Talents may send through VOILA RESERVATIONS?”.
• If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you with a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service benefits you as it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for Venue or fill in your reservation details again.
• When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with VOILA RESERVATIONS.
• We may also send you other material related to your reservations, such as how to contact VOILA RESERVATIONS if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your visit or getting the best out of it. We may also send you material related to upcoming reservations or a summary of previous reservations you made through VOILA RESERVATIONS.
• Even if you do not have an upcoming reservation, we may need to send you other administrative messages, which may include security alerts.
• Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
• Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service: In order to create a trustworthy environment for you, your fellow customers, VOILA RESERVATIONS’ business partners and our Venues partners & Talents, we may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including the authentication of users and reservations. For such purposes, we may have to put certain reservations on hold.
• Improving our services: We also use personal data for analytical purposes. This is part of our drive to improve our services and enhance the user experience, but can also be used for testing purposes, troubleshooting and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services. The main goal here is to optimize and customize our online platform to your needs, making our site easier and more enjoyable to use.
• Customers reviews and other related information: During and after your visit at any Venue and with any Talent you book through us, you may be invited to submit a customer review. We may also enable guests arriving with you or on whose behalf you have booked to provide a review. This invite may ask for information about the Venue, the Talent and other services you may have booked through VOILA RESERVATIONS.
• Account holders can choose to display a review with a screen name instead of the real name (which can be chosen in the user account facility). In addition to this, your review can be displayed anonymously. By completing a customer review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed (as described in detail in our TERMS AND CONDITIONS) on, for example, the relevant Venue information page on our websites, on our mobile apps, on our social media accounts and social media apps, or on the website of the relevant Venue or business partner’s website. This is to inform other customers about the quality of the Venue you visited, the Talent you have chosen or the other services you have used.
• If you indicate whether a customer review is helpful or not, we will aggregate this with feedback from other customers in order to sort and prioritize customer reviews. We may use the information in your lists or in other related information you share with us in an anonymous form, unless you have included this information in your public profile. This is to help other customers like you find the right Venue and appropriate Talents.
• Call monitoring: When you make calls to our customer service team, VOILA RESERVATIONS uses an automated telephone number detection system to relate your telephone number to your existing reservations – this can help save time for both you and our customer support staff. Our customer service staff may still ask for authentication, which ensures that your reservation details are kept confidential.
• During calls with VOILA RESERVATIONS support staff, live listening may be done or calls may be recorded for quality control and training purposes. Recordings are kept for a limited amount of time and automatically deleted, unless VOILA RESERVATIONS has a legitimate interest to keep such recording for a longer period (as reasonably necessary), including for fraud investigation purposes. Any call recordings will be handled in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
• Performance of a contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us and your failure to provide your personal information may prevent the proper execution of such contract. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we will use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
• Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the best suitable content of the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
• Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
How does VOILA RESERVATIONS share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we’ll share your personal data with third parties.
• The Venue you booked: This one is very important for what we do. In order to complete your reservation, we transfer relevant reservation details to the Venue you have booked. This may include your name, contact details, payment information (but not cards details); the names of guests arriving with you and any preferences you specified when you made your booking. If you have a query about your reservation, we may contact the Venue provider and ask them to handle your request. Unless payment is made during the booking process via the VOILA RESERVATIONS website or App, your order shall be paid by you on your arrival to the booked Venues. VOILA RESERVATIONS will not share your payment card details with Venues. In cases of reservation-related disputes, we may provide the Venue provider with information about the reservation process as needed. This may include a copy of your reservation confirmation as proof that a reservation was actually made.
Your local VOILA RESERVATIONS office: In order to support the use of the VOILA RESERVATIONS services, your details may be shared with subsidiaries of the VOILA RESERVATIONS corporate family. To find out everything you need to know about the VOILA RESERVATIONS corporate family, visit www.voilareservations.com
• Third-party service providers: We may use service providers to process your personal data on our behalf. This processing is for several purposes, including for example sending out marketing material. Third party service providers are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for other purposes.
• Payment providers and (other) financial institutions: When a chargeback is requested for your reservation by either you or by the holder of the credit card used to make your reservation, we may need to share certain reservation details with the payment service provider and the relevant financial institution to handle the chargeback. This may also include a copy of your reservation confirmation or the IP address used to make your reservation. We may furthermore share information with relevant financial institutions, if we consider it strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
• Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud. We may need to further disclose personal data to competent authorities to protect and defend our rights or properties, or the rights and properties of our business partners.
• Business partners: We work with many business partners around the world. Some of these business partners distribute or advertise our services, as well as help our other business partners distribute and advertise their own pastime-related services. This may mean that their services are integrated into our website/apps, they have been enabled to show you a customized advertisement, or the VOILA RESERVATIONS online reservation services are integrated in their websites and/or apps.
When you make a reservation on one of our business partners’ websites or apps, certain personal data that you give them will be forwarded to us. If customer service is provided by the business partner, VOILA RESERVATIONS will share details relevant to your reservation with the business partners (as and when needed) in order to provide you with appropriate and efficient support. When you make a reservation through one of our business partners’ websites, the business partners may receive certain parts of your personal data related to the specific reservation. This is for their own internal purposes (such as analytical purposes) and, if requested by you, for the administration of loyalty programs or marketing.
When you make a reservation on a business partners’ website, please also take the time to read their privacy policies if you wish to understand how these business partners may process your personal data. When we offer you other pastime-related products and/or services, your information may be shared with the offering business partners to handle or administer your order. For fraud detection and prevention purposes and as strictly necessary, we may also exchange information about our users with business partners.
How does VOILA RESERVATIONS process communications that you and your booked Table & Talents may send through VOILA RESERVATIONS?
VOILA RESERVATIONS offers you and Venues partners & Talents various means to communicate about Venues and existing reservations, directing the communications through VOILA RESERVATIONS. You can contact VOILA RESERVATIONS with questions about your reservation or about our Venues partners & Talents via the VOILA RESERVATIONS website, the VOILA RESERVATIONS app, and via other channels that we may make available.
VOILA RESERVATIONS may access communications and may use automated systems to review, scan, and analyse communications for security purposes; fraud prevention; compliance with legal and regulatory requirements; investigations of potential misconduct; product development and improvement; research; customer engagement, including to provide you with information and offers that we believe may be of interest to you; and customer or technical support. We reserve the right to block the delivery of or review communications that we, in our sole discretion, believe may contain malicious content, spam, or may pose a risk to you, Venues partners & Talents, VOILA RESERVATIONS, or others. Note, all communications sent or received using VOILA RESERVATIONS communication tools will be received and stored by VOILA RESERVATIONS. Business partners through whose platform you made the reservation and accommodation partners may choose to communicate with you directly via email or other channels that VOILA RESERVATIONS does not control.
How does VOILA RESERVATIONS make use of mobile devices?
We offer free apps for a variety of mobile devices, as well as versions of our regular website that have been optimized for mobile and tablet browsing. These apps and mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does – and they also allow you to use location services to find available Tables nearby. With your consent, we may send you push notifications with information about your reservation. You may grant us access to your location data or contact details in order to provide services requested by you. When you upload a picture from your mobile device, your picture may also be tagged with your location information. Please read the instructions of your mobile device to understand how to change the settings and enable the sharing of such data or the receipt of push notifications.
In order to optimize the content of the VOILA RESERVATIONS newsletter, VOILA RESERVATIONS combines the searches and reservations made from different computers and devices while you are logged into your user account on each of these computers and devices. If you do not want VOILA RESERVATIONS to combine such data for newsletter generation or to optimize the content of our websites and/or apps, either log out of a device or computer or unsubscribe from the VOILA RESERVATIONS newsletter.
Personalized advertisements shown to you on other websites or in apps, can be offered based on your activities on linked computers and devices.
How does VOILA RESERVATIONS make use of social media?
VOILA RESERVATIONS uses social media in different ways. We use it partly to facilitate the use of online reservation services, but also to promote our business partners’ pastime-related products and services and to advertise, improve and facilitate our own services.
We may offer you the opportunity to sign in to a VOILA RESERVATIONS user account with your social media account, which saves you from having to remember different user names and passwords for different online services. After you’ve signed in once, you’ll always be able to use your social media account to sign in to your VOILA RESERVATIONS account. You can decouple these accounts from each other at any time too.
We have also integrated social media plugins into the VOILA RESERVATIONS website and apps. This means that when you click on one of the buttons (such as Snapchat & Instagram & Facebook’s ‘Like’ button) certain information is shared with these social media providers. If you are logged in to your social media account at the same time, your social media provider may relate this information to your social media account and possibly present your actions on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
We may also integrate other social media services (like social media messaging) to interact with VOILA RESERVATIONS or with your contacts about our services. We may also maintain social media accounts and offer apps on several social media sites. Whenever you connect with VOILA RESERVATIONS through social media, your social media service provider may allow you to share information with VOILA RESERVATIONS. If you choose to share, you will generally be told by your social media provider which information will be shared. For example, when you log into a VOILA RESERVATIONS user account with your social media account, certain information (as authorized by you to your social media provider) may be shared with VOILA RESERVATIONS. This might include your email address, age or profile pictures saved in your user account.
When you register with a VOILA RESERVATIONS social media app or connect to a social media messaging service without having a VOILA RESERVATIONS user account, the information you choose to share with us may include the basic information available in your social media profile (including your email address, status updates and a list of your contacts). We will use this information to help provide you with the service you requested – for example, to forward a message you want to send to your contacts or to create a personalised user experience in the app itself or on our websites. It means we can tailor our services to suit your needs, connecting you and your friends with the best Venues and analysing and enhancing our pastime-related services. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data whenever you connect with VOILA RESERVATIONS through them.
What security procedure does VOILA RESERVATIONS put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
When your full credit card details are needed as part of the reservation process, they are stored by us for a maximum of 10 days. After that, your credit card data (either full or partly) will be either permanently deleted or will remain secured, with limited access, for fraud detection purposes. You may also store your credit card details in your user account. If you choose to do this, your credit card details will be stored in hashed form, with the exception of the last four digits of your credit card number. That way, you’ll know which card you’re using when you come to pay.
How does VOILA RESERVATIONS treat personal data of children?
The services offered by VOILA RESERVATIONS are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it. In limited cases as part of a reservation, purchase of other pastime-related services, or in exceptional other circumstances (such as features addressed to families) VOILA RESERVATIONS may collect and use information of children only with the consent of the parent.
How can you control the personal data you have given to VOILA RESERVATIONS?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you, you also have the right to request rectification or erasure of your personal information or restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability or the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us to the email address stated below. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email to speed things along a bit.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Please email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable Lithuanian data protection law. You can delete your user account at any time by signing into your account on the VOILA RESERVATIONS website and choosing to remove your account.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on the VOILA RESERVATIONS website and apps?
UAB VA DIGITAL SOLUTION controls the processing of personal data on its websites and mobile apps. UAB PS MANAGEMENT a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Lithuania, and having its registered address at J.Savickio g. 4, LT 01108, Vilnius, Lithuania. If you have any suggestions or comments about this Privacy statement, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you.
Cookies and other tracking technologies can be used on our websites and apps in various ways, such as making the VOILA RESERVATIONS website work, to analyse traffic or for advertisement purposes. These technologies are either used by us directly, or by our business partners, including third party service providers and advertisers we work with. If you want to learn more about what a cookie is, how they are used and what your choices are, please read more here.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. So-called “first party cookies” are cookies which are served by the entity operating the domain through which the cookie is served. VOILA RESERVATIONS’ own cookies are therefore “first party cookies”. In case we allow others to service cookies through the VOILA RESERVATIONS websites and apps, these cookies are so-called “third party cookies”.
In addition, there is a difference between session cookies and permanent cookies. Session cookies will only exist until you close your browser. Permanent cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We strive to serve cookies or allow the serving of cookies with a maximum lifespan of 5 years. Only in exceptional circumstances, such as for security purposes and where absolutely necessary, will a cookie have a longer lifespan than that.
Next to cookies, other tracking technologies are used which are similar to cookies. These can include web beacons (also known as pixel tags, web bugs or gifs), tracking URLs or software development kits (SDKs). A web beacon is a tiny graphic image of just one pixel that can be delivered to your computer as part of a web page request, in an app, in an advertisement or in an HTML email message. Pixels can be used to retrieve information from your device, such as your device type or operating system, IP address, and time of visit. They are also used to serve and read cookies in your browser. Tracking URLs are used to understand from which referring website the VOILA RESERVATIONS websites or apps are used. SDKs are small pieces of code included in apps, which function like cookies and web beacons.
All these technologies are together referred to in this Cookie Statement as “cookies”.
How are cookies used?
Cookies are used for different purposes. They allow you to be recognized as the same user across the pages of a website, between websites or when you use an app.
Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced, user-friendly website and apps that adapt automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make them function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use VOILA RESERVATIONS. This means we can find out what works and what does not, optimize and improve our websites or apps, understand the effectiveness of advertisements and communications, and ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather can include which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, which emails you have opened and acted upon, and date and time stamp information.
It also means we can use details about how you have interacted with the site, such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you enter into various fields. We make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website or apps after they have been shown an online advertisement. This may include advertisements on third-party websites. Analytics cookies may also be used to enable our business partners to learn if their customers make use of accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
Commercial cookies: We use third-party cookies as well as our own to display personalized advertisements on our websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it is based on browsing activities, such as the Venues you have been searching for, the Talents you have viewed and the prices you have been shown.
What are your choices?
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, simply visit allaboutcookies.org and the help section of your browser. In the settings for browsers such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain technical and/or functional cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website.
If you have any questions, suggestions or comments about this cookie statement, please send an email to email@example.com. This Cookie Statement may also be amended from time to time.